We work out our salvation here on earth before we die, says Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 4:7. We must be fully obedient according to Matthew 7:21 and John 14:21. Come out of the harlots of Babylon to train for salvation.
Jesus calls on those who can hear His voice to gather as one flock, on synagogue, or one church which He shepherds to ready us to perfection and holiness on this earth to overcome Satan before we die so that we qualify for the new world to come where the will of God the Father will be done without expecting another rebellion.
Our training in absolute obedience the word of God happens here on earth in the world of Jesus within the sinful world.
We must show and prove our character here for us to take advantage of the offer of immortality of John 3:16.
2 Timothy 4:3-8 ASV
(3) For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
(4) and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.
(5) But be thou sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil thy ministry.
(6) For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure is come.
(7) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith:
(8) henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to me at that day; and not to me only, but also to all them that have loved his appearing.
Paul of Tarsus